Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Swim for the Win


By Alison Salinas

The Girls Varsity Swimming Team went to the divisionals this season. We have been working very hard since the beginning of our season. I have been on the team for two years now. This is my last year since I am now a senior.The team has such a strong bond this year. There are about 10 girls on the team along with our team manager. Our captain is Joey Axel and other swimmers include: Jennie Axel, Metabel Assefa, Anissa Chatman, Karina Fernandez, Aliyah Gani, Emily Oh, Sara Tarquino, Victoria Valette and yours truly, Alison Salinas. We also have our team manager Albert Boa. Our team is just one big family. The team is coached by Mrs. Dempsey.

We know almost everything about each other. We help each other in and out of the pool. We have encouraged each other to work very hard everyday. We have improved so much. Our dives have got so much better and times have gotten faster. This year we decided to do something new. We decide to do a bake sale to raise money for division shirts. Our bake sale did so well we raised more than enough money. This year we also got a banner from a local business that was generous enough to donate it. I designed the logo myself.

Many of us participated in the divisionals and 5 of us got to swim in the counties.  The relay team consisted of Joey, Emily, Aliyah, Jennie and myself.

From having our annual bagal breakfast and pasta party to division and counties. I wish the girls varsity swimming team the best of luck next year. Don’t miss me too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment