Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Never Been on a Team Before? Take the Shot. It’s Worth it!


By Mandy Belotte

I am a junior and I joined the tennis for the first time this year, and I can't  tell you how great of an experience it was for me. At first, I was a little nervous about trying out for tennis because I had never really played correctly or "seriously" at all. However, I still decided to try out for the team. Even though I did know how to play properly, I wanted to learn. 

After the tryout, the coach told us that we all made the team, and I was thrilled. At the beginning of the season, my main concern was to get the tennis ball in proper court over the net. Then I learned that to be a successful tennis player; you must follow through with your shots. Following through with your shots in tennis allows the player to get a more accurate and consistent ball placement. This also enables the player to gain more momentum hitting the ball, making it hard for the receiver to hit the ball back. In tennis, we call this shot a "winner."

I loved playing tennis this year, and I will surely join the team again next fall. To improve for the 2020 season, I will be playing lots of wall ball. As well as working on maximizing my time and space on the court. Overall, this year's season was a blast, and could not have asked for better teammates. Also, congratulations to all the seniors who have played this year, you will be missed dearly.


No comments:

Post a Comment