Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Top 6 Items You Need To Have Before Running

 By Alex Santos


There are many items that different runners have to help them on their long runs. I have run cross country for two years and Ran track and field for nearly three years. I have run events ranging from the 100m dash to the 10k, and the items I use have always been the same. Here are my top 6 picks for items I use when I go on runs.






  1. Having a good pair of running shoes- A good pair of running shoes is one of the most important things to have for running. Many brands sell long-distance running shoes, Such as Nike Adidas Asics, etc. But the best brand for running, in my opinion, is New balance. New balance sells various shoes for distance running ranging from the 800m to the marathon. The shoes that have worked for me are the xc seven from New balance  I have had no complaints about the xc sevens they are lightweight sneakers that are great for running fast and comfortable enough not to hurt your back. 

         


  1. A good watch- A watch is another important item you need for distance running. It is used to record your steps and heartbeat. Many brands sell watches but the two I recommend are Apple if you use an Iphone and Samsung if you use an android device. It also helps that those two watches are the most accurate and best at what they do with the added sensors inside making the two brands steps ahead of their competitors in the smartwatch industry.

3. A water bottle- A water bottle is very important for physical activities you use to not be dehydrated or for cooling down. I drink my water after my runs to prevent cramps in my stomach but it all depends on the person and the intensity of the workout. The one I use is the Gatorade Squeeze 32oz Plastic Water Bottle any water bottle will do.


4. String Bag- A string bag is used to carry your items. You need a stringbag that can hold your  items. I recommend the Nike Brasilia 9.0  gymsack. It is big enough to hold all of your items with no problem while being lightweight and stylish.

5. Towel- A towel is used to dry yourself after a run. A towel can also prevent sweat from getting in your eye later on which is very unpleasant from experience. A towel that I recommend is the pack towel. It has different colors and designs and dries up quickly as well.

6. Drinks with electrolytes- I normally bring a gatorade before going on 5 mile runs this is because when you sweat you lose nutrients as a result you need to replenish your body and this is where energy drinks come in handy as your body regains its lost nutrients from sweat which in turn lowers the chance of injury and you work more efficiently.








No comments:

Post a Comment